Arts, DSound, and Media Player

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at lindows.com
Tue Jul 2 12:54:45 CDT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to get media player to work with the winearts audio
driver. I compiled the latest source from CVS, added
Drivers="winearts.drv" to the config file, and installed media player.

When I try to play a file (like an mp3), I do not get any audio. If I
watch the elapse time, it will increment normally for a few seconds
and then start playing super fast. Also when it starts playing
super-fast I get the following error a bunch of times:

fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection
(mixlen=17640 < primary_done=49392)

At this point in time I know very little about what is wrong. Do you
guys (we are all guys ???) think it is a problem with the wine source,
my build of KDE, or just some messed up config files. Or perhaps I
just installed too many native DLLs trying to make media player work?
I will keep hacking away, but any guidance will be highly valued.

I have not gotten ever gotten sound using the winearts driver, but so
far I have only tried media player.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy Shaw.