Small 'let's prevent a crash' fix

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Tue Jul 2 16:25:47 CDT 2002

> This does not fix the real problem (ie why does this DC not have a font even
> if the application called a 'SelectObject' on it), but well, it cannot harm
> to be more verbose and to prevent crashes if possible :-)

OK, found the 'error' : the problem comes from the fact that I am using
client-side fonts (aka XRender) : so the 'font' part of the physDev
structure is always '0'. And that also means that we cannot use as is the
glXUseXFont function.

So basically, I need to implement it myself using 'GetGlyphOutline' (should
not be that hard to do :-) ).

Now my question : is 'GetGlyphOutline' always working even when not using
client-side fonts ? If yes, I will completely remove the call to
glXUseXFonts (I know, in that case, fonts displayed by OpenGL will be
different by the one displayed by X, but well, ...) and always use the
manual 'GetGlyphOutline' function.

And I will try at the same time to remove all GLX calls from wgl.c and put
them in special X11DRV escapes to have a real X11 free wgl.c file (ie for
example, creating an OpenGL context would be a special escape for the X11DRV
as it's basically something that is in GLX).

                          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/