Fix for [bug 829] DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt same src./dest. surface = screen corruption

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jul 3 02:46:37 CDT 2002

The patch looks fine to me. There is just one comment opn these lines :

> +        if (SameSurface)
> +        {
> +	   static BOOL WarnSurface = FALSE;
> +	   if (!WarnSurface)
> +	      {
> +              FIXME("\tSame source and destination could cause display problems\n");
> +              WarnSurface = TRUE;
> +              }
> +	}

Why did you add this ? If you verified your patch and it's working, why add
additionnal debug informations that will only confuse people :-) ?

Moreover, I do not know the performance hit between a 'memcpy' and a
'memmove', but well, one could have put the old code in a if (!SameSurface)
to have the fastest path available to the most common case.

A part from these nitpicks, the patch looks fine and I will test it this
evening on FalloutTactics to see if it fixes the screen corruption :-)

                                 Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/