MS' hidden API

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Jul 3 10:39:33 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:33:46AM +0300, P. Christeas wrote:
> My view is that we should focus on professional apps, such as CAD, some
> multimedia etc. There is professionals that won't switch to Linux until some
> unique apps they use can run under Linux.  Games are an issue, too.
Very true.
IMHO AutoCAD is *very* important, as it's considered to be a leading CAD
package, with no UNIX version, ever.

> However, we couldn't make the rare apps run, until the API is mature, such
> that the most common ones will run, too.
> So, don't worry if Outlook or Money doesn't run, worry about Matlab (say..).
Matlab is the worst example that you could possibly have chosen.
You are aware of the fact that there is a Linux version ?

--
Microsoft Licensing 6.0: "Pay us now in advance, so that we can own you later."