DOSFS_GetPathDrive patch

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:59:55 CDT 2002

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> writes:
>

>>In particular, it calls GetFileAttributes with a path like:
>>\c\Xilinx\bin\lib\tcl8.3\init.tcl
>>which fails in DOSFS_GetPathDrive.
>>
>>Changelog: Check for absolute Unix path in DOSFS_GetPathDrive
>

> The problem I see with that is that the app can no longer access a
> directory that has the same name as a drive root (for instance if you
> have a /msdos drive then the app cannot use \msdos to mean c:\msdos).
>
> Where does the Xilinx path come from?  That's not a valid Windows path
> anyway so that looks like a bug.

Okay, it does look like operator (me) error. I was using an environment
variable, XILINX, set to /c/Xilinx. Changing that to C:\\Xilinx fixed
it, and ISE runs fine without my patch. So forget that one.

Well, it does need Uwe's patch:
Re: Again: Accept lphc == NULL in listboxes

This fixes a hard crash in Xilinx ISE. Is that one not going to go in?