2 quick things on the Cygwin/Mingw port

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 16:06:36 CDT 2002

Hola

1. This is simple but as you guys know I have this
lysdexic thing when it comes to configure. Libwine
needs to import certain functions from the c library
to compile, at present it is hard coded for -lmsvcrt.
This needs to be changes to import -lcygwin if
configure detects a cygwin host/target. I know its
simple we just need to have the check in configure
that sets CLIBRARY=(lmsvcrt or lcygwin) then
Makefile.in in libwine needs to be changed like this:

libwine.dll: $(OBJS)
	$(DLLWRAP) $(DLLWRAPFLAGS) --export-all --implib
libwine.a -o libwine.dll $(OBJS) -lmsvcrt

libwine.dll: $(OBJS)
	$(DLLWRAP) $(DLLWRAPFLAGS) --export-all --implib
libwine.a -o libwine.dll $(OBJS) $(CLIBRARY)

2. I was able to get Wineserver.exe to compile under
cygwin when I stubbed getthreadcontext and
setthreadcontext. Kernel32.dll implements these to
functions so on the Mingw or Cygwin port can I import
it for these needed functions?

Thanks and have a good 4th
Steven