warcraft 3

Hans Leidekker hlbitbucket01 at it.vu.nl
Fri Jul 5 04:16:53 CDT 2002

> After buying Warcraft 3, and reading on the mailing list that the beta had
> worked under wine, I decided to try the final version under wine.  It installed
> fine, but won't run.  Or rather, when I try to run it, it prints this out, and
> just sits there:
>
> fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not supported
> fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not supported
> fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer support MIDI in. Not supported yet (please report)

Let me guess: you have SCSI cdrom drive. I stumbled on this one as well
some time ago. I learned that 11 is the SCSI major. It looks strange to
me that the function CDROM_GetIdeInterface gets called while we have
a SCSI cdrom drive?

Anyways, as a workaround -- I don't think this is the right solution -- I added
the following line to the switch statement in cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface:

   case SCSI_CDROM_MAJOR: *iface = 0; break;

This allowed my application to proceed (don't remember which application
that was though).

Regards,

 -Hans Leidekker