GRand Prix Legends network code

Christoph Frick frick at SC-Networks.de
Fri Jul 5 11:48:44 CDT 2002

Hi!

I did some debugging, to find out why the game Grand Prix Legends did not work
as network client/server.

The problem: Its only possible to connect to servers/let clients connect from
the local network.

Solution: The game set (WS_)SO_DONTROUTE on the socket - and of course this
works perfect under unix - but i never had problems while i played this game
under windows so this is either not set, when the game runs under windows - or
it has no effect within windows.

Also the game like to bind the socket for the client connection a second time,
when the first connection failed or was canceled. This does not work (addr. in
use) - so a (WS_)SO_REUSEADDR would have been needed.

Could please someone with a deeper insight in the world of windows direct me
to some docu/specs or what ever to get informations about the winsock stuff?
The link in the header of the dlls/winsock/socket.c is not valid. I even dont
know what winsock version is the current one (1.1,2.0,???).

Help is appreciated! Thanx alot!

CU!