The filedlg95 behavior

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:48:20 CDT 2002

I was hoping to perhaps provoke discussion of the new behavior of the
file dialog. Prior to this patch:

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-cvs/2002/06/0028.html

the default behavior was to start the open file dialog in the current
directory. After the patch, the default behavior is to start in the
C:\My Documents directory, though this can be changed with a registry key.

While this is the default behavior on Windows, I am not sure that wine
should copy this behavior so precisely. I personally think that the old
behavior was better. I would think that very few Linux users would
actually use the C:\My Documents directory. But perhaps my own
preferences are coloring my views. I think the command line oriented
nature of Linux would call for a occasional differences in behavior.

Duane