Floppy handling Fix

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Jul 5 17:01:08 CDT 2002

Keith Matthews <keith_m at sweeney.demon.co.uk> writes:

> 1	-	Fix incorrect reporting of no media in floppy drive as
> 		permissions problem.
> 2	-	Provide partial workaround for very long delays (c. 40 sec per
> 		lookup, about 7 minutes to set up file browser) on lookups to
> 		floppy drive not physically present (e.g. laptop with floppy or
> 		CD setup)

I'm not sure why you are trying to duplicate the kernel permission
checks, this is clearly wrong. You should simply do an open and check
errno to find out what went wrong. Also there's no point in having a
DRIVE_NO_MEDIA flag since this is a temporary condition.

For the case of open succeeding with no floppy drive, I think you
could handle it by checking if the subsequent read() fails.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com