The filedlg95 behavior

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 21:48:07 CDT 2002

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-cvs/2002/06/0028.html

> the default behavior was to start the open file
> dialog in the current
> directory. After the patch, the default behavior is
> to start in the
> C:\My Documents directory, though this can be
> changed with a registry key.
[skipped]

I think  this is a correct behavior of the file
dialog. If an application is started with an icon
what's the sense of having e.g. starting directory for
Word it's binary directory?
On other hand I agree with you that default directory
value should be set not to C:\My Documents, but to the
home directory. We currently map the user home
directory to one of the drive letters. You can submit
a patch to the default Wine registry to point the
default document directory to the home directory
drive.

Andriy