Suggested bitmap coords resolve

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Jul 6 13:48:47 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 06:18:13PM +0300, P. Christeas wrote:
> This patch resolves some trouble with bitmap drawing (DIBs), when the y-axis
> uses negative mapping (LPtoDP). This makes Aut0CaD r. 14 usable under wine.
> Please note bug #720, which was closed by this patch and note any problems w.
> the patch.
>
> The second patch is a simple suggestion about a NULL handler. IMHO all NULLs
> coming from external programs-libs should be handled in a prog. In that case,
> a NULL causes no harm, but I guess my 'early test' may introduce a minor
> speedup.
"Am I right?"
No, IMO this is not correct.
If Windows doesn't handle NULLs, then we shouldn't either.
How are we supposed to detect problems with our API implementation if all we
ever do is handle every single problem gracefully ?
That way we'll never find out about that grave implementation problem of
ours leading to a NULL value...

--
"My attitude is, everybody should try competing with Microsoft once in their life. Once."
- Marc Andreessen, former Netscape lead employee, in a "browser wars" interview