Question about --debugmsg +snoop

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 8 05:15:05 CDT 2002

    Dmitry> "Massimo" <max at veneto.com> wrote:
    >> Is there a way to activate +snoop only for selected dll ???

    Dmitry> Try +snoop=ole32.dll

Are you sure this still works after Alexandrs's restructuring of the debug
configuration?

    >> I think that would help me to find AutoCAD 2000 access violation on
    >> startup, isolating the dll where it happens.  As stated few msg
    >> before, it starts up good with +snoop, but it crashes on very
    >> beginning without +snoop.

    Dmitry> Also try to disable smart arguments printing in
    Dmitry> relay32/snoop.c,SNOOP_PrintArg() by commenting out
    Dmitry> __TRY/__ENDTRY block of code.

Snooping fails when the DLL exports a variable and wine exchanges that
variable with a function call. The calling process accesses this function as
a variable, and writing to it crashes. The __TRY/__ENDTRY for argument
printing seems rather robust.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de