'Runtime Error 429', and $ offered for a fix

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 13:02:14 CDT 2002

--- Sean Russell <ser at germane-software.com> wrote:
[skipped]
> If you're interested in taking a look at this, email
> me at 'ser at germane
> dash software dot com', and I'll send you console
> dumps, Wine versions, etc.
> The basic error that the Windows dialog gives us is:
>
>   Runtime Error '429'
>   ActiveX component can't create object

Sean, did anybody contact you?
ActiveX error message does not promise anything
good...
If you can talk about this application in public than
you can try to discuss your issues on the mailing list
- much more people would have possibility to help you.

If you can, my questions follow:
- what kind of an app is this - can we get free
(trial/demo) copy of it?
- Wine version. As I understand you use it without
Windows, right?

This docu may help you:
http://wine.codeweavers.com/fom-meta/cache/19.html

You can try to use different combinations of Windows
dlls if you have access to any...

One more option for you - you can try commercial Wine
distribution (Codeweavers or Transgaming) or ask
somebody to try it for you. These distributions are
generally more stable than main tree.

Andriy