PSDRV question

Carl Sopchak carl.sopchak at cegis123.com
Tue Jul 9 15:45:56 CDT 2002

I've been trying to get Quicken 2000 Deluxe running in wine.  After I figured
out that it wasn't finding a DLL for the internet connection (and got that
fixed), I started testing the second-most important function of Quicken that
I need: check printing.

All went well until I tried to print a sample check (to verify alignment), at
which point Wine crashed into winedbg.  I figured out why:  When reading the
ppd file, it sets up an *InputSlot for ManualFeed (even though it's not
really an InputSlot, but most Win programs treat it as one...).  The problem
was that, in ppd.c, a Name wasn't given to the slot (but a FullName was), so
when ps.c tried to output the header for the InputSlot it crashed (since
strlen(NULL) causes a crash).

I hacked the AddSlot call to name the slot "Manual", and this seems to work
OK.  The question that I have is, is this the way that it should REALLY get
fixed (does the name matter?), or should something else be done?

I'd be happy to correct my hack, if necessary.  In either case, I can post the
patch to sourceforge, once I know "the right way" this should be handled.

Thanks for the help,

Carl

P.S., I added some TRACE() statements to help me debug this.  These can be
left in the patch that I post, right?