warcraft 3

Nix N. Nix nix at go-nix.ca
Tue Jul 9 18:05:17 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:54, Jesse Allen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's how to get Warcraft 3 running under wine:
>
> 1.  Use the latest wine cvs.  Only that will work.
>
> 2.  Mount the CD, and run install.exe on the CD with the winver set to
> win98 under config.  (even though 95/98 are exactly the same when playing
> the game--i hate that)  You should disable the ide-scsi thing because it
> seems to cause problems =(

~/.wine/config:
[Version]
"Windows" = "win2k"

Doesn't work.  In fact, this doesn't help, irrespective of the version I
set it to.  Where else can I set the Windoze version ?

I managed to get War3 to work using winex:
http://www.transgaming.com/showthread.php?msg=11638&forum=6&thread=11638

Hope this helps, and thanks for the help.