Bad exe

Christian Costa titan.costa at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 10 12:41:29 CDT 2002

admiral coeyman wrote:

>Uwe Bonnes,
>
>>Alexandre submitted something with regard to 16 bit yesterday
>>(wine/dlls/version info.c). Remove this and if that doesn't help remove all
>>other yesterdays patches step by step.
>>
>	This problem, 'invalid exe file,' is not that new.  I've been having it for a
>little while.  It seems that all of the programs compiled under gcc work.  No
>other dos executable is currently working.  I am just checking to see if
>anybody else is having this problem to see if this is something that I need to
>patch or if it's a problem with my system.  Does anybody else run a test dos
>executable that is 16 bit?
>	God Bless,
>		--Robert 'Admiral' Coeyman

I experienced this problem some times ago. But it happened only under
the debugger.
The problem was happening  during the parsing of the exe header. It
turned out
to be a failure in the llseek unix function. I did not figure out what
really happened and did
not investigate further.

Don't know if you're experiencing the same problem though...

Bye
Christian