RFC: Re: [ros-kernel] Shell32 and dplax

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 20:20:33 CDT 2002

> > I would suggest using a keyword insted of a
> metabug.  Perhaps ROS or
> > ReactOS, It would be much cleaner. You can even
> have more than one
> > keyword  if you think it is appropriate. ie 9xism.

I am just using the keywords 9xism or unixism ATM
because that is what most of the problems are. There
really isnt that many problems due to wines
portablity. As I have said I think psapi is the most
fubar'd one we have to deal with if we want to try and
share it. One of the ReactOS developers is rewriting
it for ReactOS anyway and I think he will LGPL/X11 it.
Once that is done if wine will implement the needed
exports of ntdll then we can contribute that back.

> I am not sure that we should create a ReactOS
> keyword. Instead I think
> we should add it to the list of OSes. We already
> have Linux, FreeBSD,
> Windows, Solaris... we should have ReactOs too (and
> maybe push this to
> the Buzilla team too ;-).

I agree. All of the reports I am doing are going under
Win2k or NT. I host on 2k and ReactOS is kinda
expanding its goals to include some of the nicer
things of 2k like acpi and wdm.

> The '9xism' keyword is quite independent from that
> and may be useful.
> I'm not entirely sure though: we don't want to be
> too fine grained
> either. If we start this way we may end up with
> keywords for each
> general task: dllseparation, strict-compile,
> window-management, etc.
> That may get confusing...

I'm not to worried about it ATM as there are not that
many problems. If it gets to be to much I'm sure our
bugzilla guys will let me know. =)

Thanks
Steven