Bug Fix: WM_GETTEXT should return NULL string if LB_GETCURSEL is LB_ERR

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jul 15 14:14:38 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
[...]
>+	   LPWSTR lpText = (LPWSTR)lParam;
>+	   lpText[0] = '\0';
[...]
>+	   lpText[0] = L'\0';
[...]
>+        lpText[0] = 0;
[...]
> Not trying to be a hard head here, and I'm not even remotely trying to
> suggest that this particular line of code is a crucial point. It's just
> that my understanding of this project and the way code should be with
> it, all WINE DLLs are actually WineLib code. All WineLib code should
> duel compile on Windows and Unix. In theory, there should not be a
> problem compiling our sources of USER.DLL on Visual C, and running it on
> Windows instead of the native DLL (far fetched example, I know).
>
> If VC does have a "one correct way", while gcc doesn't, shouldn't we
> prefer the VC correct one?

That's a good point. All three ways would work in Visual C++ but as you
pointed out, L'\0' would be the most correct one.

So it would make sense to prefer it when assigning to WCHARs (too bad we
cannot do the same for strings as this would not work in gcc).

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.
`