__sparc__ not defined with Forte C

Gregg Mattinson gm138242 at scot.canada.sun.com
Tue Jul 16 07:29:22 CDT 2002

Alright, makes sense.  Since I don't know what you mean by "all compilers," I
added a configure test and I will make sure __sparc__ is used everywhere.

In regards to the second point (@function vs. 2), something has been bugging me
for a while...  Why do the .spec.c files have so much assembly code in them?  To
me, it looks like most of it could be replaced with an array and some creative
use of global variables.

I'm willing to tackle the task of converting the .spec.c files to use as much C
as possible, but I can only test it on sparc.  Someone else would have to test
it on i386 and with native .dlls

Gregg

>To: Gregg Mattinson <gm138242 at opcom-mail.canada.sun.com>
>Cc: wine-devel at winehq.com
>Subject: Re: __sparc__ not defined with Forte C
>From: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com>
>Date: 15 Jul 2002 18:49:04 -0700
>
>Gregg Mattinson <gm138242 at scot.canada.sun.com> writes:
>
>> ChangeLog: dlls/ntdll/signal_sparc.c include/basetsd.h
>>            include/wine/port.h server/context_sparc.c
>>  - __sparc__ is not defined with Forte C, but __sparc is defined with both
Forte