Bug Fix: WM_GETTEXT should return NULL string if LB_GETCURSEL is LB_ERR

Carl Sopchak carl.sopchak at cegis123.com
Tue Jul 16 07:59:53 CDT 2002

On Monday, July 15, 2002 10:15 pm, wine-devel-request at winehq.com wrote:
> > If VC does have a "one correct way", while gcc doesn't, shouldn't we
> > prefer the VC correct one?
>
> No - you should the one that is in the C standard.
>

> In this case '0' should be ok under ALL circumstances.
> (Unless M$ have completely stuffed their compiler)
>

>         David

I'd have to agree with David, that the code should work under all
circumstances.  So, should this be modified, and another patch submitted?
I'd be happy to do that, if it makes life easier...  (Reiterating: I'm no C
guru, and I know less about unicode, so let me know "the best way", and I'll
be happy to change it if needed...)

Once again, the code in question:

   if (unicode)
   {