OLE classes registration

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Jul 17 21:13:39 CDT 2002

"John K. Hohm" <jhohm at acm.org> wrote:

> This reminds me that a self-registerable dll is supposed to have a
> VS_VERSION_INFO resource, with an empty "OLESelfRegister" value in
> the "StringFileInfo" block.  comcat.dll has no resources; is there a standard
> Wine way to add such version info?

Please have a look at include/wine/wine_common_ver.rc and a couple of
version resources using it, for instance dlls/kernel/version.rc and
dlls/kernel/version16.rc. Also do not forget to add RC_SRCS to Makefile.in
in the case there is no resources at all yet, or just include new
version.rc into an existing .rc file.

--
Dmitry.