solaris configure strangness

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Thu Jul 18 01:09:07 CDT 2002

Francois Gouget wrote:

>So to have a clean configure, the above header must be moved out of the
>big AC_CHECK_HEADERS and into their individual checks where we can
>specifically test for these dependencies. See for instance XShm.h (only
>a vague quide).

I'll try, but I only have solaris machines at work, and this is far from
my main focus on Wine (I'm working on BiDi, if you remeber correctly
;-). I am only looking into solaris at all because at work we use some
windows compat library for solaris (don't remeber the name, but it
wasn't mainsoft's) for the GUI part of the product. I am sprinkling the
idea to the Unix GUI team here to check Wine out.

The response so far has been moderetely positive. (using those compat
libraries incures a non-trivial per-seat license that goes to MS, as
well as horrible support. They have been complaining that response time
on one incident was ONE YEAR!!!! and the idea of having the sources to
the library itself were appealing to them). The main problem was that it
would take over two days of effort just looking into it, and they cannot
spare the time.

I just D/L the CVS to see what it would take. I am also not an autoconf
expert. If I have more spare time at work, I will have a look at that.
If not, I'd rather spend my Wine dev time trying to figure out how the
fr1661n6 h377 one is supposed to go about implementing the humoungous
monster that is GetCharacterPlacement without creating a 500 lines function.

                    Shachar