solaris configure strangness

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jul 18 01:58:41 CDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Francois Gouget wrote:
>
> >So to have a clean configure, the above header must be moved out of the
> >big AC_CHECK_HEADERS and into their individual checks where we can
> >specifically test for these dependencies. See for instance XShm.h (only
> >a vague quide).
> >
> I'll try, but I only have solaris machines at work,

Well, that's not really an issue. Just hack the autoconf script so
that it works without warning on Solaris Sparc, and then post it to
wine-dev or wine-patches. You will know soon enough if it breaks things
on Linux ;-)

> Hack the and this is far from my main focus on Wine (I'm working on
> BiDi, if you remeber correctly ;-).

Yes, that's more of an issue. Hard to do everything...

        It really galls me that most of the computer power in the world
                          is wasted on screen savers.
                     Chris Caldwell from the GIMPS project
                       http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm