=?gb2312?B?UmU6IFJlOiBhYm91dCBYSU0gc3VwcG9ydCBvbiB3aW5l?=

shaw shyguy at 163.net
Fri Jul 19 00:59:17 CDT 2002

> Hi,
>
> The best solution for the time being is to use Over-the-top entry, so
> that characters you type are shown in a small child window rather than a
> seperate window.
>
> If you're feeling keen, then you could try and interface XIM to
> Microsoft's own input context stuff (see ImmGetContext in imm32.dll).
>
> Do you have any patches for us to try out?
>
> Mike
>
> rain shaw wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I do apply some patches to the wine source according to some tips in
> > bugs library,and I can input chinese in notepad now.
> > But,every time window was created,will the input method popup.For
> > example,if a message box popped up,the xim will popup as well.
> > It seems that we called the XIM related Xlib function every time new
> > window was created.
> > Would u please give me some suggestions about how to disable create and
> > open XIM while create non-text-input related window? in other word,how
> > to determin the x-window that going to be created is a control that need
> > input method ?
> > Thanx!

Sorry,I'm newbie to Wine and Xlib, So I just add some following statemengs
if(cs->lpszClass[0] == 'E'
		|| (0 == strcmp(cs->lpszClass,"NotesRichText"))
		|| (0 == strcmp(cs->lpszClass,"IRIS.tedit")))
	{	/*Yes,Just seek the first char*/
	    XIM_DoCreateIC(data->client_window);
	    XIM_SetIC(display, data->client_window, data->whole_window);
	}

yes,it looks really ugly but works.

Now,I met the same question as message http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/05/0043.html

I try to add apparently mapping of WM_IME_CHAR and friends to/from unicode in windows/winproc.c. bug nothing happens.
  Any suggestions ?