Winsock 2 functions

Peter Lord plord at totalise.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 15:35:03 CDT 2002

I'm trying to get a java application running under wine.  Amazingly (at
least to me :-) ), the application gets a fair way through loading lots
of classes as it goes.

But, the stumbling block is when the application starts to use network
operations, specifically WPUCompleteOverlappedRequest and
WSAAddressToStringA.  Right now, these are unimplimented and the java
app crashes when trying to call them.

Before I start looking into these in more detail (I've really no idea
what overlapped I/O is all about ...), does anyone plan to implement
these in the near future ?

Oh, BTW, before you ask... the java app loads a native windows dll as
part of its functionality, so I can't use the Linux jvm :-(

Cheers,

Pete