winedbg again :-)

Max max at veneto.com
Mon Jul 22 16:36:38 CDT 2002

Some questions about winedbg usability !

1) - Would it difficult to add an options (something like SHOWREGS=on/off)
      that allows to have regs displayed automatically after a breakpoint AND
      after a NEXTI command ? I find it painful to have to issue NEXTI and
      then INFO REGS each time.... remember old good ms-dos debugger !!! :-)

2)- What about the possibility to set off-code breakpoints ? It happens often
     that I must set a break (in asm code) that is in a DLL which isn't
     already loaded... That gives a BAD ADRESS, of course.
     Borland debugger accepts the breakpoints and set it when the code
     gets loaded. Now the only way is to set breaks in dll-loading routine,
     wait up to the wanted dll gets loaded and then put the break... awful !

3)- And now the difficultest ! After solving the point 2, what about a way to
     store/retrieve breakpoints settings from disk ? Finding a bug in asm code
     often requires days (hmmm... nights !) of stepping, and a way to save
     breakpoints settings would spare tons of notes on paper :-)

Regards

Max