Dinput - Keyb Bug

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer_e1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:39:11 CDT 2002

Greetings,

I've been working with this problem for about 2 weeks now (play alot of
tribes) and it's finally working with keyboard. I tried dinput about a week
ago but couldn't make it work but as you said i should have used directx5 or
6 instead.

Keyboard works fine but i still have other issues, to make the game fully
functional.

Dsound komplains somewhat and the sound sounds pitched (plays to fast, thus
giving the smurf syndrom), i tried to use -dll dsound.dll but it says that
it can't find the file. I know i've done right so i checked around on
irc.openprojects.net and they said that not all -dll's can be used natively,
is this right?

Also i fail to get opengl to work, i simply can't select it in game. Any
ideas? I've compiled with --enable-opengl and i've run a testprogram using
opengl which works fine.

Tribes running in fullscreen mode it feels slow and strange, but running it
in window mode makes it feel fast and stable. Why?

i tried to use native ddraw.dll but then the game won't even start, there's
just a black screen.

Thank you for all your support, considering i've been running around looking
at homepages and chatting on irc when you all solved my problem within 1
day, THANKS(!).

Other than that Tribes works fine.