dos console apps question

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Jul 24 22:03:30 CDT 2002

Lately I've been trying to get some dos console apps running under wine.
These apps run great under wineconsole but not so much just under wine due to
the lack of a server side console for the routines in dlls/msdos/vga.c to
output too.  So, after poking all around it seems that at some point during
the normal loading of an app that we should be calling out to the server with
alloc_console to create a default console, and binding this console to the
current terminal.  Does anyone have any suggestions about this?  What
function this should be done in?

Thanks,
Chris