PATCH: temp fixes, again

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sat Jul 27 08:32:20 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 01:21:05PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I'm not sure this is a good idea, mkstemp() is apparently buggy in old
> libc versions.

What do you mean by buggy? Is the result wrong or are the security
features not working correctly? What are "old" libc versions?

> tmpnam() is actually pretty reasonable assuming it is
> used correctly, which of course is not the case everywhere but that
> could be fixed.

Depending on your answer to the questions above, I think the approach
Marcus took was the right one. If need be, there could always be a
configure check for the buggy implementation.

 ciao
  Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know