Dinput - Keyb Bug

Jesse Allen uh_ja at gmx.net
Mon Jul 29 12:59:03 CDT 2002

> Well, I am still waiting for my --debugmsg +relay,+dinput,+event trace
> :-)

I have the game (tribes) and have trace logs for you (they are big so they
will probably come in a seperate email).  The first on is
+relay,+dinput,+event (which has me pressing the a key, then shuts down)
and the second is +opengl,+x11drv,-dsound.  DGA is disabled as it breaks
my Nvidia driver when running the game.

>> I'm trying now to get OpenGL to work, i've run through the
>> ./configure
>>  --enable-opengl, and checked the config.log to see that everything
>> checks  out (Which it does).

I have something to mention about the Opengl.  The game upon release
didn't include opengl. Whether is was incomplete or buggy I don't know.
A later patch included full opengl support.  So make sure your running
the latest patch if you can.

I was able to get the game running in accelerated mode a while back.
But that was probably in glide mode, which I cannot test right now.   I
tried yesterday to run it in opengl mode by going into the options menu
and selecting it, but the option is missing.  It must not be detecting
the opengl.  I know my opengl drivers work.  The game's software mode
works fine through the x11drv.

Jesse