dos console apps question

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Jul 30 16:00:26 CDT 2002

Le mar 30/07/2002 à 00:09, dank at kegel.com a écrit :
> Eric Pouech wrote:
> > however, what you're facing right now is running a DOS program directly
> > from the unix prompt (like wine mydospgm.com)
> > in this case, there is no way for the parent process to tell something
> > to its child, you it's up to you to do it by running the program with
> > wineconsole mydospgm.com
>
> In my favorie case, i.e. running programs like sed.exe or ss.exe
> from the unix commandline, what you really want is for Wine to
> just get out of the way, do no graphics whatsoever, not even do any X calls
> at all, and run the bloody commandline program hooked up to the
> existing unix stdin and stdout.

When I did some small test cases and needed to test them through ssh
(because I don't have a Windows compiler here), I was able to run them
correctly with the ttydrv rather than x11drv. I don't know about the
stdin/out redirection (or usage), but for what I needed it was fine (I
think I was using wine program.exe>somefile, but I'm not sure).

As it's been a couple months now, I don't know if the ttydrv is still
usable or not.

Vincent