Keyboard layout detection not working??

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat Jun 1 07:40:58 CDT 2002

"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il> wrote:

> Also, I believe that this patch is mostly about correctly matching the
> returned character (in ISO-8859-8, in my patch's case) with the scan
> code Windows programs expect under such situations. As such, it has
> mostly to do with games and such.

No, your patch helps not only to games. First of all all keyboard layouts
contain code page value and correct code page plays great role when keyboard
messages get translated to characters. And having correct keyboard layout
selected (actually detected) is the very first step in having correct national
keyboard layouts to work.

--
Dmitry.