linux kernel thoughts

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Mon Jun 3 10:49:02 CDT 2002

It's been a while since I looked at the compilation options of the
kernel, but there used to be specific support for java applets in the
kernel (running a userland jvm, mind you). That was later deprecated by
a "MISC" handler, that (I guess) could be configured to run java, and
probably also PE.

The idea is that trying to execve a PE file, will find the userland wine
program and run it. This would make your effort needless.

            Shachar