Improving debugging (gdb) support

Ulrich Weigand weigand at immd1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jun 4 18:31:02 CDT 2002

Michael Cardenas wrote:

> Ont major problem is that gdb doesn't understand wine's handling of
> windows threads, even if it does understand the windows pe format.

It would appear I was a little too pessimistic here; while gdb
does indeed not understand win32 threads directy, when using the
remote debugging stub API, it looks like it is possible for the
stub to tell gdb everything it needs to know about threads.

That would mean that it should be possible to write a remote
debugging stub that uses the Win32 API to inform gdb about
everything related to win32 threads ...

> Ulrich, you want to post your presentation here?

Didn't you want to put those up on your website?  It's probably
a bit large for the list ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--