Re: null midi device

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at voila.fr
Thu Jun 6 09:01:23 CDT 2002

> I was thinking: Couldn't one use timidity to make a fake midi device
> that actually produces sound? That would be something.
I thought about it. you need to use timidity 0.20i (the last one from the original author released under LGPL, the next ones are released under GPL).
Then, to make it a real midi driver (in terms of Win32 API) which isn't a trivial task (for example, timidity pre-processes the full content of the MIDI file to be played, whilst a standard MIDI driver has to play midi notes on the fly...). I did start looking at that a long time ago, but without real results in so far.

A+
Eric Pouech
(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)
The future will be better tomorrow,