locale tests failed

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Jun 12 09:49:20 CDT 2002

Paul Millar a écrit :

> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, [iso-8859-1] Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> [Regression test output w/ locale tests failing under fr_FR]
>
> The tests also fail under en_GB:
> > tests/locale.c:219: Test failed: GetCurrencyFormat got
> > £2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx^E instead of $23.53
> > tests/locale.c:226: Test failed: GetCurrencyFormat got £23.53 instead of
> > $23.53
>
> It looks like the regression tests assume you are using a US locale. If
> you set LANG=en_US it works fine.
>
> BTW, has MS taken down their API reference from the MSDN website? I was
> looking for the Win32 API reference on the MSDN web-site (to try and fix
> the regression tests), but I couldn't find them. As far as I can remember,
> it was available from MSDN Home --> MSDN Library --> Windows Development
> --> Win32 API ... but there's only a sample chapter from a book there now.

The layout of MSDN has changed over the course of a few months. The way
I use it now is to search for a specific API on the frontpage, skipping
the WinCE references that sometimes manage to get on top of the results.
If you want something more generic (categories rather than a particular
API), I suggest you to find a specific API of that category and then to
go up a level.

> Cheers,
>
> ----
> Paul Millar