locale tests failed

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Jun 12 09:54:59 CDT 2002

Shachar Shemesh a écrit :

> Paul Millar wrote:
>
> >BTW, has MS taken down their API reference from the MSDN website? I was
> >looking for the Win32 API reference on the MSDN web-site (to try and fix
> >the regression tests), but I couldn't find them. As far as I can remember,
> >it was available from MSDN Home --> MSDN Library --> Windows Development
> >--> Win32 API ... but there's only a sample chapter from a book there now.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >

> It's still there, just spread out a lot.
>
> Depends on what you are looking for. Usually, what I would do is type in
> the "search" area the name of the function, and then click on the link
> (careful not to click where the URL has something along the lines of
> "ceui", because that's windows CE). From there, everything is cross
> referenced, and you can click the "up".

Doh! Mails crossed each other. Almost the same wording though...

> The paths to other functions have become much much much much much less
> convinent, but I believe the same has also happened to the latest MSDNs
> on CD - they are horrible user interface, to the point where you would
> usually rather use the online site (or an old MSDN CD). It's really
> interesting how MS's UI is deteriorating as time goes on (with the sole
> exception of Win 3.11->Win95). I have had to spend one day with Windows
> XP (install a friend's computer), and spent the entire time cursing
> about the UI.

I tried a few times to get to the Win32 API through the menus on the
left. Sometimes I would get there, sometimes not. So I gave up, and now
use the search method. Never used an MSDN CD, but your comment doesn't
make me want to use one.

>                 Shachar

Vincent