problem with mixed data/audio

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Thu Jun 13 10:07:08 CDT 2002

I found one problem with mixed CD's.Started with no music in one game, but later I
found that using windows cdplayer audio CD's play right with wine but when first
track is data whole CD is unplayable. I think I tracked down the problem to functions
in

dlls/winmm/mcicda/mcicda.c (?)
and
/dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c

I want to try to find fix myself (I feel it is time to start to work on something), but if
anyone thinks it is cleanly his playground I will provide as much info as I can get... So
let me know if I should start to try to understand wine code or if I should let it be...
Until now I spent about one-two hours on it si I made no real progess (I only learn
how it works...)

problem is that it calculates bad frames for first datatrack (it thinks it has more then
66 minutes, which is about 3x more then it really has.... dagrab shows that first track
uses frames 150..99xxx and wine writes to its log 150...288xxx.

After this it cannot find next track and in log I see  'device doesn't play'

or does someone work on it already? I searched bugzilla but found nothing...

so bye for now...

(some filenames, numbers and messages are from my bad memory but I guess you
know what's going on ;-)