Repeated: Breakage in -relay and -snoop

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jun 13 16:33:04 CDT 2002

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Did I miss some announcement :-)

There was a patch on wine-cvs ;-)

> B.t.w. what is the reason about all those commandline options vanishing into
> the config file? It makes changes inflexible at least...

The basic reason is modularity; centralized option handling is
incompatible with dll separation. Also command-line parsing is policy
that belongs in the higher layers, we must not have kernel dictate
applications what their command-line looks like. For instance today
you cannot pass options to a Winelib app without using '--' first to
isolate the Wine options and this is wrong.

It would be perfectly possible to write a high-level wrapper to Wine
to handle all sorts of options; all we need is someone to implement
it...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com