notepad vs write

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Jun 16 15:02:24 CDT 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Ann and Jason Edmeades wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A program I am debugging has a 'View Readme' button which when clicked
> attempts to load the readme into write. Just a suggestion, but perhaps when
> we install the default applications we could have a symbolic link or dummy
> application which launches the wine version of notepad instead?

The problem is that write will handle RTF and Word documents correctly,
while notepad is just a text editor and will only display garbage...

(yes, wordpad will probably have problems with complex word documents,
but it should work with simple ones)

   Nouvelle version : les anciens bogues ont été remplacés par de nouveaux.