How to make a stub dll ?
lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jun 19 14:31:08 CDT 2002
> It's exactly what I want to do -
> for now the program crashes at 0xdeadbeef.
> I would just get the message 'xxx unsupported' instead
> of crash.
> Jesus, with winedump I only saw 5 exports - if I have
> the method that's defininitevly not a huge work ;))
Well, just look at, for example, 'dinput8'. That's the easiest DLL I know
and should be pretty equivalent to 'd3d8'.
Basically, you need to
1) create the d3d8 directory
2) create a spec file with what winedump tells you
3) create a d3d8_main.c (or whatever) file with the stubs in it
4) create a Makefile.in file
(from 2) to 4) is just basic copy / paste / replace from what is in dinput8
using the information provided by MSDN / winedump).
5) run make_dlls in the dlls directory
6) add a 'dlls/d3d8/Makefile' line in configure.ac and regenerate configure
And that should be all :-)
PS: but well, you could have found everything by yourself (well, it's not
that hard to look at a sample DLL and look how it is done) :-)
Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/
More information about the wine-devel