How to make a stub dll ?

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 19 18:18:28 CDT 2002

Thank you Lionel and others,

I now have a box saying that Direct3D 8.0 isn't
detected instead of a crash and my stub function
reports it correctly on the d3d debug channel.

I see there's no bug for d3d implementation.
Should I create it / submit diffs ?

> PS: but well, you could have found everything by
> yourself (well, it's not
>     that hard to look at a sample DLL and look how
> it is done) :-)
not exactly :)

>   4) create a Makefile.in file
I looked at others to build one

>   5) run make_dlls in the dlls directory
it isn't in the doc now (grep make_dlls * returns
nothing in wine/documentation)

>   6) add a 'dlls/d3d8/Makefile' line in configure.ac
> and regenerate configure
needs autoconf 2.53 & automake 1.6, not available