Regression errors ...

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Fri Jun 21 11:07:09 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 04:20:21PM +0100, Paul Millar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last nights patch for DRIVE_FindDriveRoot:
>     http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=1024614786458303934502513
> caused two regression errors in dlls/kernel/tests/path.c at lines 212 and
> 672 ("GetShortPathNAmeA did not return an 8.3 path" and "GetShortPathNameA
> did not keep relative directory" respectively)
Heh, there's nothing like a good regression test suite :-)
OTOH I really don't want to know how much trouble this patch causes everywhere
else, given that it even already triggers with the scarce few regression functions that we currently have.
Somebody should probably have a second hard look at the possible effects
of this severe change in file system functionality...

> BTW, the TODO test (line 2435) in dlls/oleaut32/tests/vartest.c succeeds.
> Should it be move from TODO to a real test?
Yes, definitely !
That's most likely due to the tons of oleaut32 fixes yesterday.
(sounds like that has been very good work, then...)

BTW: I'm finally about to submit my first regression test, too.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt