WINE Performance tweaking and known bottlenecks

Adam Luchjenbroers adam at luchjenbroers.com
Sun Jun 23 22:44:29 CDT 2002

What options/tricks/techniques can I use to enhance performance under WINE.

I am trying to get Total Annihilation to run smoothly on a K6-2 233MHz
machine, it runs and is getting close to playable. The only unusual thing is
that the framerate is the same at 1024x768 as in 640x480.

What is likely to be the bottleneck and what can I do about it?

I'm willing to go into the code if neccessary. I have limited programming
ability but I am an exceptionally fast learner.