[help] GDI text fonts

leanne leanne at thizlinux.com
Mon Jun 24 21:12:13 CDT 2002

Huw D M Davies wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:05:04AM +0800, leanne wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>When we are working on the Chinese support on WINE using Lotus Notes r5,
>>we found that the fonts display for the interface
>>is very ugly (attached the screepshot). I would like to change to have
>>different font when detected English or Chinese.
>>Could somebody point me where I could start with?

I am sorry I missed them.

1. First, I use 2 Chinese fonts, Kai and Ming (bkai00mp.ttf and
bsmi00lp.ttf) as well as
    fonts.dir    luximb.ttf   luxirbi.ttf  luxirr.ttf   luxisri.ttf
    fonts.scale  luximri.ttf  luxirb.ttf   luxisbi.ttf  luxisr.ttf
    luximbi.ttf  luximr.ttf   luxirri.ttf  luxisb.ttf

    I start Lotus Notes and all Chinese can be displayed (because it is
using Chinese font by default, Ming)
    English characters shown, however, are very ugly.

    <screenshot3.png>
    <screenshot4.png>

2. When I copy the fonts from Windows and include the path,  the
interface and
    other fonts look good (using courier, helvetica and arial).  I would
like to ask it's because
    Lotus Notes default uses those fonts?

    <screenshot3.png>
    <screenshot4.png>

    I want to display both Chinese and English, does WINE support
    or if I need to manually detect Chinese range and use Chinese font?
and could somebody
    point me some hints?  Thanks very much.