Regression Bug in Wine MM (Bug #817)

Ian D. Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Thu Jun 27 05:31:48 CDT 2002

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 23:19, Rob Browning wrote:
> "Ian D. Stewart" <idstewart at compuvative.com> writes:
> > When running Baldur's Gate with recent builds of Wine, the game plays
> > but without any sound.  Earlier build ran the game with wine.  The
> > last known good build from CVS appears to be 2002-05-21 21:45:00 EDT.
> > This looks like it may be related to the patch mmsystem.c commited by
> > Alexandre Tue May 21 2002 - 20:52:31 CDT?
> >
> > I have attached the output from 'wine --debugmsg trace+relay
> > Baldur.exe' to the bug report.
> >
> > Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist in
> > debugging this.
>
> I recently resurrected Baldur's Gate (with the TOSC add on) and got it
> working pretty well here too (thanks all), with the one exception that
> as of CVS June 22, it still locks up after playing any movie.

Yeah, I've seen that too.  I have noticed that if you run wine --debugmsg
trace+relay, Baldur's Gate slows to a crawl, *but* it doesn't lock up after
playing movies.  Don't know if that helps any developers or not...

> While I
> know you can truncate the movie files to get around this,

How do you do that?

> (Also I've been running BGMain.exe -- would it be better to be running
> Baldur.exe?)

I don't know that there's that much difference, except that with Baldur.exe
you get the haunting music at the beginning ;)

Ian