Bug #829 triggers lock-up in Baldur's Gate

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sun Jun 30 19:02:56 CDT 2002

Ian D. Stewart wrote:

>After further research, it looks as if the lock-up in Baldur's Gate is being
>triggered by an unsupported API Call.
>
>Here is the pertinent error message from Wine:
>
>	fixme:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt dwFlags DDBLT_WAIT and/or DDBLT_ASYNC:
>can't handle right now.
>
>This fixme is only encountered during game 'movies' (including resting and
>death scenes).
>
>I have a full logfile if anyone is interested.

I am inclined to think that what is causing Baldur's Gate is not this
but something else.  The way that DDBLT_WAIT and DDBLT_ASYNC are handled
is unlikely to cause a crash. However in order to determine if it is
related I would be interested in the last 1000 lines of the trace. (for
now).

Tony Lambregts