Re: DDE problems on 16bit Apps

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at voila.fr
Fri Mar 1 09:24:49 CST 2002

>   if (ShellExecute(hWnd, "open",
>                    PDVROT_szDisplay, "",
>                    PDVROT_szPDVPath, SW_SHOWNORMAL) <= (HINSTANCE) 32)
>   {
>     HandleOutput("ERROR: DISPLAY PDV.");
>     return;
>   }
>   WaitAppActivate(DISPLAYTITLE);
>   if (DdeInitialize((LPDWORD) & idInst,
>                     (PFNCALLBACK) DDECallback, APPCMD_CLIENTONLY, 0L))
>   {
>     HandleOutput("ERROR failed to init  DDE DISPLAY PDV.");
>     return;
>   }
the issue is here above. the trace shows that the child program initializes itself after the parent tries to connect
whereas here, the parent seems to wait for the app to be up and running before it goes further
what does your WaitAppActivate function do ?

(PS: I'll be away from my PC for more than one week starting now. so, I'll likely be very unresponsible in that time frame)

A+
Eric Pouech
(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)
The future will be better tomorrow,