What creates fake files?

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 14:02:49 CST 2002

I need to test a fix for a bug on a clean Wine
installation.

After removing my configuration directory, running
tools/wineinstall I noticed that new Windows
directories do not have fake files with 0 length I
used to see in my old directory (shell.dll,
shell32.dll, winsock.dll, wnsock32.dll, autoexec.bat,
config.sys). All these fake files have exactly the
same time, the same as some directories (e.g. Recent,
SendTo, which do not exist in the new directory).
Obviously, all these changes could not be made
manually by me.

Do you know what application created these
files/directories or I just dreamed all this up?

Andriy Palamarchuk